Introduction

Sunday, June 24, 2012

June 23, 1862.  In the afternoon Tina & I went to town to see Sophie Hopkins met Mrs Latham & Carrie there. Brought home a letter from Willie one from Julie & papers. Carrie wrote me a note after she went home saying France had recognized the Southern Confederacy.



[Rebecca] June 23, 1862. A clear warm morng. but about 12 o’clk a heavy rain comes on which lasts two hours, flooding the house – about 5 o’clk W. Stephens takes the mule to Tivie who returns just before night. She brings me a letter from my dear Willie written at Mobile. Also the intelligence that France has at last recognised the Confederacy. Some late papers very welcome. It is said that France has at last recognized the Southern Confederacy.



June 24, 1862. In the morning Henry & I planted some potatoes slips. No rain.

[Rebecca] June 24, 1862. No rain to-day – Read late newspapers nearly all the morng. Warm afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment